Written on 18th November, 2014
Have you ever been given the task to select a movie on Netflix for the family or friends to watch? This can be a tricky task to say the least! The responsibility of picking a movie that’s right for the mood or for the specific group of people watching is not to be taken lightly. The wrong movie can easily kill the vibe of an otherwise enjoyable evening. The films we choose to watch are important, but the way we watch movies is arguably even more important. Little extras – such as lighting dimmed to the perfect level, or design elements that make you feel like you’re in at the theatre – can really enhance your film watching experience. Home theatre setups can be either very average or extraordinary. If you’re striving to create memorable movie nights for years to come, then consider these 3 distinctive home theatre setups. We’ve also included some automation tips for integrating your control system, so you can really get the most out of your home theatre/media room.
Remember: If you can dream it, TechFit can automate it.
Red Carpet Treatment
- When Hollywood goes to the movies, it’s a big event. Why not add some of the glitz and glitter of tinsel town to your own home theatre setup?
- To capture that red carpet feel, consider these design features:
- Stadium seating
- A curtain that dramatically opens when the movie starts
- Accent lights that point down on the walls (creating a movie theatre effect)
- A projector setup (rather than flat screen)
- Posters and collages of movie stars on the walls
- An actual red carpet
Automation tips: Have the curtains open, lights dim, and movie start with the press of a single button on your universal remote Create your own custom audio introduction to play on the overhead speakers at the start of a movie (using your best In a World voice-over expression) Have your movie pause automatically for any “distractions” (such as a ringing doorbell) The Gamer Who says home theatres are just for movies?
- Gamers are fanatical about their setups, and the possibilities that home automation has to offer can take gaming to a whole new level.
- Here are some examples of ways you can optimise your gaming room:
- Video game controller dock stations attached to each seat
- Multi-screen setup
- Wide armrests, reclining backs, and footrests
- Set the lighting and décor to coincide with your favourite games (military theme for first-person shooters, renaissance theme for fantasy games, etc.)
- Program the sound to switch between background music and game audio with the press of a button
- Connect seamlessly with the internet for online gaming
- Automate your victory song to play when you deliver that final death punch
- Set lights to automatically come up when you pause the game
Sports Fan For the avid sports fan, a home theatre offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in your passion. With the right setup, you can feel like you’re actually there, at the big game. Whether you’re throwing the ultimate All-Ireland Final Day party, or you want to be able to watch several games simultaneously, here are some ideas for creating the ideal home sports-viewing experience:
- Emulate the sports bar, with multiple flat screens, bar stools, and sports memorabilia
- Put up large murals of your favourite sports stadiums
- Give it a man cave feel with a bar, pool table, etc.
- Incorporate plenty of counter space (coffee tables, small tables, etc.) for snacks and drinks
- Automate your lights to flicker or create a colourful effect at the press of a button, when your team scores
- Allow family members to access your media library from anywhere in the house (so they don’t have to watch sports if they don’t want to)
- Broadcast multiple games on multiple screens
Complete Home Theatre Automation Perhaps nowhere else in your home has more potential for the power of automation than your home theatre/media room. Why not speak to one of the TechFit team today and explore how we can custom design a home cinema system that meets your ever need and style. Having a really great home theatre setup, complete with home automation, isn’t necessarily going to save you if you pick a rubbish movie to watch. So choose wisely, grab some popcorn, curl up with the people you care about, and enjoy the show. Contact TechFit today on (042) 942 0261 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our Home Cinema Systems page